You are here
NEOGRAFT® TECHNOLOGY VS. OTHER TREATMENTS
HOW DOES THE NEOGRAFT PROCEDURE WORK
After much research, we have chosen to offer the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method utilizing the NeoGraft® Automated Hair Transplantation system. The FUE method of hair transplantation removes individual hair follicles from the scalp in their naturally occurring groupings of about 1-4 hairs and are then placed in the areas of the scalp where balding has occurred.
The NeoGraft® system is the first and only FDA cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system. The NeoGraft® system delivers automation of the FUE technique, the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry.
Hair loss can be a very emotional part of the natural aging process, and seeking ways to curb this process used to be a challenge. NeoGraft®’s advanced technology offers a discreet solution to hair loss, allowing patients to achieve natural looking results with no linear scar, minimal downtime and a shorter recovery period. Hair restoration with the NeoGraft® procedure is unnoticeable, making it your secret to tell.
- Superior Results – More natural looking hair, short or long for both men and women.
- Advanced Technology – Automated technology, the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation.
- Gentle – Little to no discomfort. No scalpel incision, no staples, no linear scar.
- Effective – Less activity restrictions than traditional strip methods.
- Discreet – Patients can typically go back to work the next day.
- Affordable – We have programs available to meet your specific needs.
NEOGRAFT® TECHNOLOGY VS. OTHER TREATMENTS
• FUE hair transplant is a very safe, minimally invasive, relatively minor procedure
• Minimal bleeding and fewer complications than with the “strip” method
• Procedure is performed with local anesthetic and no intravenous or intra-muscular sedation is required
• Patients experience minimal discomfort, no scalpel incision, no sutures, no linear scar and quick recovery times
• And many more!
Post NeoGraft - How to Maintain Your Newly Transplanted Hair Follicles
Your newly transplanted hair should be supported by a healthy lifestyle and diet after the NeoGraft procedure. Post-transplant care also includes PRP treatments, laser enhancement technology and key signature products based on our expert clinic formulations and trichological knowledge. Our multi-step hair restoration model is designed to fit your individual specifications and requirements. SD Medical Arts will help you to achieve the most natural-looking hair in the most organic and comprehensive way.
OTHER TREATMENTS: PRP Hair
PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma)
PRP injections appear to be effective in the treatment of hair loss in both males and females, without remarkable adverse effects, along with high patient satisfaction rate. PRP is defined as the plasma derived from autologous (your own) blood rich in the essential growth factors – “growth factors cocktail”! The regenerative potential of plasma depends on interactions between PRP growth factors (PDGF, TGF-b, and VΕGF) and stem cells of the follicles to activate the proliferative phase of the hair, giving rise to the future follicular unit. Therefore, PRP serves as a potential treatment of hair loss. PRP has a positive therapeutic effect on male and female pattern hair loss without major side effects. Based on our experience, patients demonstrate clinical improvement in the number of hairs-hair regrowth (up to 20% increase) and hair thickness (30 – 40% increase).
CHOOSE YOUR WAY
FUE (NEOGRAFT) VS. FUT (“STRIP METHOD”)
- No visible linear scar after recovery
- Less invasive
- Minimal bleeding at donor site
- No nerve numbness
- Less painful during recovery period
- Less expensive
- Mega session, transplanting up to 5,000 grafts per session
- More expensive
- More time consuming
- More demanding of the skill and time of the surgeon
- Approximately 2,500 grafts can be transplanted per session
- Rare cyst formation which normally resolves by itself
- More invasive
- Numbness at the surgical donor site
- Fine linear scar on the back of the head
- More painful during recovery period
- More bleeding
- Higher risk of infection
WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE
FUE (NEOGRAFT®) OR FUT (“STRIP METHOD”)?
How do you plan to wear your hair after the procedure?
FUE does not create a linear scar on the donor area so the patient has the option to wear their hair very short or even shave.
How many grafts do you need?
A strip method generally produces a larger number of grafts per session so it can cover a large balding area in only one session in most cases.
What is your total budget?
Strip is more affordable per each individual graft.
What is your overall pain tolerance?
FUE patients usually do not have pain or tightness following their procedure or their pain is minimal at best.
While FUE (Neograft®) and FUT (“STRIP METHOD”) hair transplant methods have their own advantages and disadvantages, the end results are almost always the same provided the grafts are extracted and implanted with the proper techniques. If you are still undecided or have any further questions, please contact us and schedule an in person complimentary consultation with Dr. Svetlana M. Danovich.